Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Chocolate for Doherty

[An imagined note of support from a 14-year old girl to the troubled Babyshambles front man Pete Doherty.]

Dear Pete, I saw you on the evening news
What have you been taking now?
You need to knock this thing on the head
And I think I know the way how.

Instead of caning that smack and crack
And getting yourself in a state
Fix on a king-size Snickers Bar
Or crumble it up with a Flake.

Chocolate is cheaper and cooler than drugs
It won't make you act like a prick
And if the police stop and search you again
There's no law against possessing a Twix.

I'm sending a Crunchie by registered post
I hope that it sweetens your tooth.
There's also a Kit-Kat you might want to share
With the other three blokes in your group.

I hope that you'll follow my chocolate advice
I really don't want you to die.
Start the night with a Fruit and Nut Dairy Milk
Not a puke-stained heroin high.

So next time I notice your name in the papers
I'll know that there's no need to fret.
Perhaps you'll have stolen a Cadbury's Creme Egg
But you'll make a good album yet.


1 comment:

la bambassadeur said...

hooray, i like it!
teenagers, you might call them still children are so frankly honest that it gets you think of it as nearly truthful, you ever can get. Surely there`s no lucrative interest in it.
Lack of it in societal brain.
While reading it i remembered Noise Addict`s "i wish i was him" the song about frontman of the Lemonheads Evan Dando. Another piece of popstar poetry.